Not graded. So why do it?
Files on your PC to the server
Here's what we have so far.
You can work in a folder on your PC, then upload the entire folder to your server. One thing to keep in mind: use nice file names. Lowercase, no spaces.
We can make it even better, though. We can open the local folder in Atom, make subfolders, HTML files, etc. We can do (almost) all of the work in Atom, then drag the entire folder to the server. Nice!
Now we have a complete workflow.
- Create a folder for an exercise
- Open it with Atom
- Use Atom to create the files
- Upload everything at once with FileZilla
- Behold the magic on the server
We'll talk more about Atom later in the course. Feel free to play around with it, though
Fun with Atom
Make a folder on your PC, called
doggo-magic. Inside it, make an HTML file called
Take a screen shot of Atom with the file in the folder. Something like this one:
Upload your screen shot.
- We have an entire workflow:
- Prepare HTML on your PC with Atom
- Upload to your server with FileZilla